Ship safety, security and communication
In the maritime world, safety and security are paramount. But whilst the safety record of shipping has improved, the threat from terrorism, piracy and other adverse events such as fire or medical emergency still remains.
Military backgrounds pay dividends in maritime careers. We've launched the sea going careers of more than 4,000 graduates and military personnel.
What UKSA offers
- GMDSS General Operators Certificate - intensive 8 day programme in mobile radio and satellite systems
- ROC Radio Course - the VHF qualification for any crew member operating within a GMDSS A1 area
- IMO/ISPS Ship Security Officer – a 3 day programme covering the full MCA syllabus
- STCW 95 - the minimum international safety standard for seafarers consisting of four modules; personal survival techniques, fire fighting and fire prevention, elementary first aid and personal safety and social responsibility
Career paths include:
- Crew or deck officer on superyachts
- Maritime engineer
- Maritime security and anti- piracy
- Workboat crew
Why choose UKSA?
- UKSA is highly price competitive
- Well established
- UKSA is a centre of excellence with high quality facilities and expert tutors
- Practical hands on experience and role play scenarios
- Full accommodation and catering on our self-contained Cowes base
For more information
For advise, course dates and prices, please call our course advisors on 01983 203001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
UKSA Open Days click here
To book your visit, contact 01983 203034 or email email@example.com